Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I output digital audio from my macbook air m1?

I am currently using a MacBook air and a Panasonic amp R-N303. I want to try the 192khz lossless from apple music. So is there any thunderbolt to a coaxial(or optical) adapter that I can use? Or I am thinking the wrong way?

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 6:54 AM

Shogo_Takeda,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Currently Apple does not have any Thunderbolt to Coaxial or Optical Adapters. You can check with 3rd party adapters to see if they might work. Another option would be to see what other types of connections you can make with your AMP.

Here are the requirements to utilize Lossless.

How to listen to lossless on your Mac

What you need

You can listen to lossless on a Mac updated to the latest version of macOS using:

• A wired connection to headphones, receivers, or powered speakers
  • The built-in speakers
  • 14-inch MacBook Pro and 16-inch MacBook Pro support native playback of songs at sample rates up to 96 kHz.
  • To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz on other Mac computers, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.

More information can be found here: About lossless audio in Apple Music

Good Luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 6:54 AM in response to Shogo_Takeda

Shogo_Takeda,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Currently Apple does not have any Thunderbolt to Coaxial or Optical Adapters. You can check with 3rd party adapters to see if they might work. Another option would be to see what other types of connections you can make with your AMP.

Here are the requirements to utilize Lossless.

How to listen to lossless on your Mac

What you need

You can listen to lossless on a Mac updated to the latest version of macOS using:

• A wired connection to headphones, receivers, or powered speakers
  • The built-in speakers
  • 14-inch MacBook Pro and 16-inch MacBook Pro support native playback of songs at sample rates up to 96 kHz.
  • To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz on other Mac computers, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.

More information can be found here: About lossless audio in Apple Music

Good Luck!

How can I output digital audio from my macbook air m1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.