Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just had a pop up on my screen that said my phone was infected with 21 viruses from an adult site. I don’t visit adult sites. It said I had to click on the link to protect my phone. Sounds like a fake msg. Any suggestions

I just had a pop up on my phone stating it was infected with 21 viruses from visiting adult websites and I needed to click on the link to correct it. I don’t visit adult sites and think this is a scam. It looked like it came from apple but not sure. Any suggestions

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 10:38 AM

It's a scam. Nothing more. Delete and ignore.

3 replies

Apr 23, 2022 11:14 AM in response to Cs3210

You're welcome. 🙂

Essentially, any message, text or email you get making such a claim is a lie. Period. There's no method that allows someone to access your computer that easily from the outside. In other words, they cannot see what's on your drive, so how can they make such a claim?

Another that's going around (and has for a few years) is a message/email saying they have video of you doing or watching naughty things. But, oh! Send them xxxx amount of money to a Bitcoin account they give you and they'll make sure no one ever sees the video.

Also delete and ignore.

I just had a pop up on my screen that said my phone was infected with 21 viruses from an adult site. I don’t visit adult sites. It said I had to click on the link to protect my phone. Sounds like a fake msg. Any suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.