Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost music after canceling Apple Music trial subscription

I signed up for a trial subscription of Apple Music. I had hundreds of songs that were already loaded from CDs in my Music app. When I canceled the trial subscription many of my songs were wiped out of my Music App Library. Why?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 2:09 AM

Hi,

When you subscribe to Apple Music, your existing library is scanned to determine what tracks can be matched or needs to be uploaded. You existing music should remain intact unless you opt to remove download and stream from Apple Music. In such circumstances, the tracks will be deleted from your computer. Whilst you have an active subscription, you have an opportunity to redownload your music. Did you make a backup of your music before subscribing? Is it possible that the original tracks are still on your hard drive.

Jim

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 2:09 AM in response to davidfromholladay

Hi,

When you subscribe to Apple Music, your existing library is scanned to determine what tracks can be matched or needs to be uploaded. You existing music should remain intact unless you opt to remove download and stream from Apple Music. In such circumstances, the tracks will be deleted from your computer. Whilst you have an active subscription, you have an opportunity to redownload your music. Did you make a backup of your music before subscribing? Is it possible that the original tracks are still on your hard drive.

Jim

Lost music after canceling Apple Music trial subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.