Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shareplay on Apple TV

Everytime I watch Hulu on my Apple TV it always prompts me if I want to Shareplay every new episode I play and it’s getting a little bit annoying. Is there a way that I could stop it from asking me that all the time?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:33 AM

Starr- wrote:
Everytime I watch Hulu on my Apple TV it always prompts me if I want to Shareplay every new episode I play and it’s getting a little bit annoying. Is there a way that I could stop it from asking me that all the time?

I didn't recall ever being prompted by Hulu to use SharePlay, so I just tried watching something new on Hulu and still no prompt... Could be because I've never tried SharePlay on Hulu or Disney+ (I do recall seeing SharePlay references on Disney+, but no persistent prompting).

I tooled around the Hulu settings (select profile icon on upper right of home screen) and couldn't find any reference to SharePlay at all. I also looked in the App store and saw that Hulu was listed under "Purchased" > "Recently Updated". All I can suggest is that you delete the app and reinstall it. If that doesn't work you may find more settings available when logging into Hulu's www site.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 11:33 AM in response to Starr-

Starr- wrote:

I didn't recall ever being prompted by Hulu to use SharePlay, so I just tried watching something new on Hulu and still no prompt... Could be because I've never tried SharePlay on Hulu or Disney+ (I do recall seeing SharePlay references on Disney+, but no persistent prompting).

I tooled around the Hulu settings (select profile icon on upper right of home screen) and couldn't find any reference to SharePlay at all. I also looked in the App store and saw that Hulu was listed under "Purchased" > "Recently Updated". All I can suggest is that you delete the app and reinstall it. If that doesn't work you may find more settings available when logging into Hulu's www site.

Shareplay on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.