Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV SharePlay

Very time a new show starts on Hulu Live, a pop up comes up for SharePlay. I swear I’ve done everything possible to turn this off and it still comes up. I feel like this is the worst feature Apple has ever added. It’s just annoying. What do I have to do to make this go away? Why isn’t there an option to just completely disable this feature if it’s something that you never plan on using.

Apple TV HD

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 10:59 PM

SharePlay is always started by a FaceTime call on iPhone or iPad or Mac. If none of the Apple TV users are doing a FaceTime call at that time, then you shouldn’t be seeing anything on SharePlay.

SharePlay can be deactivated on iPhone and iPad if you never (or almost never) want it. Settings﹥FaceTime﹥SharePlay﹥SharePlay﹥Off.

SharePlay initiated by someone else (i.e. an invite to you) can be ignored by turning a setting off on Apple TV. Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥[username]﹥Shared with you﹥Off.

Use SharePlay to watch movies and TV shows together on your Apple TV - Apple Support

↳ Start a SharePlay session from your Apple TV

↳ End a SharePlay session on Apple TV

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 10:59 PM in response to lil_tike1111

SharePlay is always started by a FaceTime call on iPhone or iPad or Mac. If none of the Apple TV users are doing a FaceTime call at that time, then you shouldn’t be seeing anything on SharePlay.

SharePlay can be deactivated on iPhone and iPad if you never (or almost never) want it. Settings﹥FaceTime﹥SharePlay﹥SharePlay﹥Off.

SharePlay initiated by someone else (i.e. an invite to you) can be ignored by turning a setting off on Apple TV. Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥[username]﹥Shared with you﹥Off.

Use SharePlay to watch movies and TV shows together on your Apple TV - Apple Support

↳ Start a SharePlay session from your Apple TV

↳ End a SharePlay session on Apple TV

Apple TV SharePlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.