Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New battery draining fast after Monterey Install

I just had Apple install new battery in my mid 2015 MacBook Pro 15" a week ago. When I'm using just safari with one window the battery drains 1 percent every 2 minutes. In an hour it will drop 30 percent or more. I installed Monterey. The laptop runs great. There are no issues other than the battery. Are there things I can do to fix this? Could it be a faulty battery?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 10:24 AM

Rockdookie wrote:

I just had Apple install new battery in my mid 2015 MacBook Pro 15" a week ago. When I'm using just safari with one window the battery drains 1 percent every 2 minutes. In an hour it will drop 30 percent or more. I installed Monterey. The laptop runs great. There are no issues other than the battery. Are there things I can do to fix this? Could it be a faulty battery?

On the Intel Mac you can Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 10:24 AM in response to Rockdookie

Rockdookie wrote:

On the Intel Mac you can Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Brand New battery draining fast after Monterey Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.