Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asking Siri "Get directions home" take me to an old home address

When I tell Siri "Get directions home" it pops up directions to an old home address (almost 2 years old).

Here's what I've done to try to fix this so far

• I've confirmed the address in my contacts is correct - in fact, the old address that pops up appears nowhere in my Contacts.
  • I've confirmed the old address is not a "Favorite" in the Maps app. There is a Favorite labeled Home, but it's my correct current home address.
  • I've confirmed there is not "pin" labeled Home at the old address.
  • I've searched for "Home" in directly in the Maps app, and the only Home it finds is my correct, current Home address.
  • I've rebooted devices.

Still, I say "Get directions home" and it pops up my old address. If I then say, "That's not home, get directions HOME," Siri will audibly announce "Getting directions to home" and provide directions to the my correct home address.

What's going on? How do I get Siri to completely forget the connection between the word Home and that old address?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 10:12 AM

Well, I feel dumb! After toggling "Hey Siri" didn't work, I checked the Automations app and discovered I had once upon a time setup an Automation for "Get directions home" with my old address. Problem solved!

2 replies

Apr 25, 2022 9:47 AM in response to CptnYawp

Hello CptnYawp.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Try following the steps listed within this specific resource here: If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1.) Go to Settings
2.) Tap Siri & Search
3.) Turn off Listen for "Hey Siri".
4.) Restart your iPhone once more: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
5.) Turn on Listen for "Hey Siri".

If that doesn't work, check in the Siri & Search menu for "My Information" section and review the linked contact card is correct. Also, if you have any pending updates available for your device, it would be a good idea to install them. Keeping your device fully updated can help resolve various issues. Just in case, this resource can guide you through the update process: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1.) Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2.) Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3.) Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4.) If you see two software update options available, choose the one that you want to install.
5.) Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

We hope this information is helpful. Cheers.

Asking Siri "Get directions home" take me to an old home address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.