Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i plugged my phone into the computer and nothing happened

phone is showing the plug into a computer screen, but nothing happens when I do.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:26 AM

You have to precisely follow the steps listed in the "Related Article" which requires your iPhone to be restarted while connected to your computer.

Restart your device

If you see the Restore screen:

1. Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with your device. Don't disconnect your device from your computer.
  2. Restart your device:
    • iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 11:26 AM in response to Noah_gar

You have to precisely follow the steps listed in the "Related Article" which requires your iPhone to be restarted while connected to your computer.

Restart your device

If you see the Restore screen:

1. Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with your device. Don't disconnect your device from your computer.
  2. Restart your device:
    • iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

i plugged my phone into the computer and nothing happened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.