Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost productivity suite after formatting to apfs to be able to install Catalina

Had to reformat to APFS to be able to upgrade to Catalina. Upgrade went OK but have lost Numbers, Pages etc. Looked in the App Store but unable to install as requires OS of greater than ver 11. How do I get the applications back as the machine is now rendered almost useless. Any thanks for any advice.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 12:52 PM

Launch the Mac App Store, signing in to it with the same Apple ID used to previously install these Apple applications. Press cmd+0 to open the Purchased panel. Each of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote should be there with a blue outline cloud with down-arrow next to them. For Pages, click that blue icon and a dialog will appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages (v11.1) for macOS Catalina. Repeat for the other two applications.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 12:52 PM in response to ninjavaz

Launch the Mac App Store, signing in to it with the same Apple ID used to previously install these Apple applications. Press cmd+0 to open the Purchased panel. Each of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote should be there with a blue outline cloud with down-arrow next to them. For Pages, click that blue icon and a dialog will appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages (v11.1) for macOS Catalina. Repeat for the other two applications.

Apr 24, 2022 2:22 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for the fast response. I had to reformat the machine to Apfs as explained. It was my wife’s but after all the issues I bought her a new Air so when I reformatted I signed in with my ID. Exactly as you suggested, I signed in the App Store with my wife’s ID and the apps were available to download. Now have them so very happy. Re signed in to App Store with my ID and it’s all still there. Excellent advice and cannot thank you enough. Thame care. Andy

Lost productivity suite after formatting to apfs to be able to install Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.