Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reinstalling productivity software on iMac late2013 running Catalina10.15.7 OS

I reinstalled macOS and this iMac is running Catalina10.15.7. I'm trying to reinstall productivity apps like Pages, Numbers, Keynote, etc... but AppStore does not allow it. Did I do a terrible mistake blowing the HD away and do a fresh install?

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 7:22 AM

With the Mac App Store launched and you signed in with the same Apple ID that you used to install Apple's Pages, Numbers, and Keynote previously, press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel and you should see a blue cloud outline with down-arrow adjacent to each of these applications. When you click these blue icons, you will be asked if you want the last compatible version (v11.1) of the application for Catalina. You know what to do and the applications will be installed.

The current v12.2 of these applications now requires that one has Monterey or later installed.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 7:22 AM in response to JPC8489

With the Mac App Store launched and you signed in with the same Apple ID that you used to install Apple's Pages, Numbers, and Keynote previously, press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel and you should see a blue cloud outline with down-arrow adjacent to each of these applications. When you click these blue icons, you will be asked if you want the last compatible version (v11.1) of the application for Catalina. You know what to do and the applications will be installed.

The current v12.2 of these applications now requires that one has Monterey or later installed.

Oct 29, 2022 3:33 PM in response to JPC8489

Is your Mac set up with the same Apple ID that you used before doing your fresh install of Catalina, and are you logged into the App store with the same Apple ID?

Also, I assume you had previously downloaded & installed Pages, Numbers & Keynote to your Mac before upgrading to Catalina. Is that correct?

Note that Apple persistently updates all its own apps with every release of macOS, requiring whatever is the current version of macOS in order to install or update its apps. As of Tuesday that would be Ventura. However, the App Store is supposed to allow you to download a previous version of an app if you are on a different release of macOS. Unfortunately I have never found that to work for me.

reinstalling productivity software on iMac late2013 running Catalina10.15.7 OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.