Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with my iPhone X

I have problems with my messages, what should I do? Should I reboot my phone or update?

because my iPhone never lets me do update and I check my settings and see if I need to update, but it says your iOS is already updated. But it use to let me update my iPhone. But now I not available for doing update by myself.

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 12:31 PM

Update your iPhone. It appears that you may have a previously installed Beta profile. Remove that beta profile and try to update your iPhone again. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ VPN & Device Management ➡️ Configuration Profile: Tap on the existing profile and then choose Remove Profile.

Read The Following:

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software Update: If there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • Ensure that you do not have a beta profile installed from a previous version
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 12:31 PM in response to Hunterlong1997

Update your iPhone. It appears that you may have a previously installed Beta profile. Remove that beta profile and try to update your iPhone again. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ VPN & Device Management ➡️ Configuration Profile: Tap on the existing profile and then choose Remove Profile.

Read The Following:

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software Update: If there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • Ensure that you do not have a beta profile installed from a previous version
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

I have a problem with my iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.