Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari / Chrome can’t connect to internet, FaceTime / Mail still working

My M1 MacBook crashed last night (woke to find the login screen & all users logged out). The Mac asked to send an error report. Since logging in again I can not access the internet from Safari or Chrome, images in Mail don’t load. Google Drive is reporting no internet connection etc. Chrome is reporting that I have no internet. Safari can’t connect to the server of web hosting. However, I am able to send/receive emails and make FaceTime calls.

I’ve tried restarting in Safe Mode which wasn’t successful.

This applies to all users on the machine. I’m running 12.2.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 12:46 PM

In System Preferences > Network, I deleted the WiFi option in the left list (which for me had Thunderbolt Bridge & iPhone USB as alternative options) I applied this. I then clicked the '+' and added a new wifi option. This instantly solved the issue.

1 reply

Safari / Chrome can’t connect to internet, FaceTime / Mail still working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.