Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photosapp

If I imported photos from iPhone to mac via the photos app, can I then delete photos on my iPhone from the photos app? photos will stay on the mac in the photos app

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:32 PM

You can delete the photos on the iPhone after transferring them to the Mac and making a backup of the Photos Library on the Mac.

But this will only work, if you are not using iCloud Photos to sync the photos between your devices. If iCloud Photos is enabled on your Mac and the iPhone, the Photos Libraries are kept in sync on both devices and any photo you delete from your iPhone will also be deleted from your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2022 9:32 PM in response to Liza0301

You can delete the photos on the iPhone after transferring them to the Mac and making a backup of the Photos Library on the Mac.

But this will only work, if you are not using iCloud Photos to sync the photos between your devices. If iCloud Photos is enabled on your Mac and the iPhone, the Photos Libraries are kept in sync on both devices and any photo you delete from your iPhone will also be deleted from your Mac.

Photosapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.