Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Currency problem on every purchase

Hello I have a problem with the currency

The App Store asks me to pay in "₪" because my account country, but my visa made it in dollars

And when I make a purchase, the currency is converted at the bank rate, which is an additional loss for each purchase or monthly subscription.

Also, the price of Apple is greater than the market price in commissions!

For example, I want to buy "Final cut pro"

price 300$

price at my country 1000₪

300$ to ₪ = 950₪ (there is 50₪ Extra and this is without what the bank takes when transferring, and I have monthly subscriptions...)

note: 50₪ is not a minute the currency changes strangely every day you may find it more or less every moment...

Is there any way to solve this problem (Some suggested that I change the country to America, but I do not have an American card)

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 12:00 PM

The prices in the App Store are always in the local currency.

They are adjusted sometimes, but of course currency exchange rates fluctuate daily, so there may be discrepancies.

Also, and this is very important detail that is often missed: in the US, advertised prices usually do not include sales tax or similar, whereas in other countries they do (I am in Europe, and prices include VAT).

I could not find the prices for FCP alone, but the prices for the ProApps bundle align almost perfectly, once you take into account taxes.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 12:00 PM in response to yahyaTube

The prices in the App Store are always in the local currency.

They are adjusted sometimes, but of course currency exchange rates fluctuate daily, so there may be discrepancies.

Also, and this is very important detail that is often missed: in the US, advertised prices usually do not include sales tax or similar, whereas in other countries they do (I am in Europe, and prices include VAT).

I could not find the prices for FCP alone, but the prices for the ProApps bundle align almost perfectly, once you take into account taxes.

Apr 25, 2022 4:17 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

thanks for the information about VAT, I found Pro Apps Bundle (but it's for Education)

Buy Pro Apps Bundle for Education - Education - Apple

The price is frankly insane according to the price of each program alone, but is it valid for commercial use?

Is it permissible to buy it without being a student? (I know I can, but what does Apple thinks and allow to use it commercial about this because the price is very attractive also It solves the currency exchange problem)

Currency problem on every purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.