Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall macOS Monterey Stuck - MacBook Pro 14-inch m1

Hi, everyone. I just got my 14-inch macbook pro m today. There was a problem with my username and I tried to change it, however I decided to reinstall macOS and reset the whole setting. I followed a guide on the Apple website, first erase the MacinthosHD from the utillity, and then reinstall macOS, no matter how many time i tried to repeat the process, everytime the install stuck on 2 hours and then increas to 12 hours at least.

what i'm sopused to do?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 8:34 AM

DorGal wrote:

Hi, everyone. I just got my 14-inch macbook pro m today. There was a problem with my username and I tried to change it, however I decided to reinstall macOS and reset the whole setting. I followed a guide on the Apple website, first erase the MacinthosHD from the utillity, and then reinstall macOS, no matter how many time i tried to repeat the process, everytime the install stuck on 2 hours and then increas to 12 hours at least.
what i'm sopused to do?

This may well require a second Mac

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Contact your local store if you need assistance with the Configurator

Find a Store - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 8:34 AM in response to DorGal

DorGal wrote:

what i'm sopused to do?

This may well require a second Mac

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Contact your local store if you need assistance with the Configurator

Find a Store - Apple

Apr 25, 2022 8:45 AM in response to DorGal

DorGal wrote:

I decided to reinstall macOS and reset the whole setting.

thank you for the response
but it not contain my problem

You can always force quit a shutdown by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

and try again—if it continues to fail you need to use the Configurator to revive your M1

Force Shut down your Mac.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Reinstall macOS Monterey Stuck - MacBook Pro 14-inch m1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.