Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification of AirPods Pro near me?

I have never bought AirPods or AirPods Pro, but today my iPhone told me that “AirPods Pro detected near me” on apple’s : Find my app. This is weird, I don’t know how to disassociate those “AirPods Pro” from my iPhone.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 1:56 PM

AirPods work much like AirTags for tracking notifications, and your iPhone will report those that are seemingly following you.

You can disregard those messages if you’re in a situation where you’re in proximity to others for some time (as aircraft or train passengers, for instance), or can look around for where the AirPods might be located on your person or your belongings or nearby.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 1:56 PM in response to Ultimate_Yo-yo

AirPods work much like AirTags for tracking notifications, and your iPhone will report those that are seemingly following you.

You can disregard those messages if you’re in a situation where you’re in proximity to others for some time (as aircraft or train passengers, for instance), or can look around for where the AirPods might be located on your person or your belongings or nearby.

Notification of AirPods Pro near me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.