Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading phots to iCloud

Photos taken with my iphone have not uploaded since my last iMac Mini update. I get the following message when I click on the iPhotos button on under iCloud on my mini ( I pay a monthly fee for storage of iPhotos )

(NSURLErrorDomain error -999.)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 7:19 PM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then sign back in?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 7:19 PM in response to Paddy1229

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then sign back in?

Apr 25, 2022 10:14 PM in response to Paddy1229

Is the system version below your question still valid? "iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13"? The error message might indicate an invalid certificate for Safari on High Sierra.

Just a hunch - are only the photos taken with the iPhone not uploading, but screenshots or saved photos do?

Do you by any chance having My Photo Stream enabled on your iPhone to transfer photos? Which system version is running on the iPhone? If you are using iOS 15.4.1 on the iPhone, the Settings > Photos > Formats may have been set to "High Efficiency" by default, and My Photo Stream will no longer transfer your Camera photos as My Photo Stream cannot transfer HEIC and iOS 15.4.1 does no longer automatically convert HEIC to JPEG when adding the new photos to My Photo Stream.

Uploading phots to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.