You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User Id picture keeps changing

Hi, I am wondering if any of you know if this can happen automatically or if someone has to actually do it. Under the Users tab in systems, I have a tab for myself and each of my kids. We each have a picture attached to our login. Recently my picture on both my iMac and my MacBook have changed to a picture I have never used before. I thought it was weird and changed it back. It keeps changing to this picture on both devices. I wouldn't necessarily think anything of it, but I found out over a year ago that my husband (soon to be ex) had spyware on my devices. I have taken them into Apple and done everything I can to make sure nothing it on them. I am worried that maybe I have missed something and my husband is actually getting into my computers and changing my photo. Does anyone know if that is possible?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 2:11 PM

I suppose that is possible, travelgirlblr, but it doesn’t happen automatically.. your soon to be ex husband must have had access to your iMac and MacBook… even remotely..it’s called “Remote Desktop” and it’s for Big Sur.. file sharing ( remote desktop) would have had to been enabled on both Macs.. this link might help you : https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/351363/how-can-i-detect-if-my-computer-has-been-remotely-accessed-and-monitored-by-an-e

i’d also recommend you get and use “MalwareBytes” which is a trusted and pretty safe application to check for and remove most malicious applications/software.. it’s also free (the basic version is, anyways) ..i don’t know if Remote Desktop , if used, would allow a person to do that… it might, though, it’s possible.. anyways run MalwareBytes and see what it says…

hope this helps you a bit ( don’t wanna scare you,though)

john b

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2022 2:11 PM in response to travelgirlblr

I suppose that is possible, travelgirlblr, but it doesn’t happen automatically.. your soon to be ex husband must have had access to your iMac and MacBook… even remotely..it’s called “Remote Desktop” and it’s for Big Sur.. file sharing ( remote desktop) would have had to been enabled on both Macs.. this link might help you : https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/351363/how-can-i-detect-if-my-computer-has-been-remotely-accessed-and-monitored-by-an-e

i’d also recommend you get and use “MalwareBytes” which is a trusted and pretty safe application to check for and remove most malicious applications/software.. it’s also free (the basic version is, anyways) ..i don’t know if Remote Desktop , if used, would allow a person to do that… it might, though, it’s possible.. anyways run MalwareBytes and see what it says…

hope this helps you a bit ( don’t wanna scare you,though)

john b

User Id picture keeps changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.