Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same profile picture for different Mac users

Ever since the pandemic started here in Brazil, I have worked from home using my personal Mac. I currently have two users: one for my personal stuff and other for work stuff. Both are synced to my Apple ID, but I was able to set different picture profiles for each. Until today.

All of a sudden, both users began to show my Apple ID profile picture. If I try to change it, that new image is synced across all of my devices as my default profile picture. I know it sounds nitpicking, but this is really annoying for me.

Is there a way to "unlink" these pictures like it used to be?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 4:16 PM

biap wrote:

Ever since the pandemic started here in Brazil, I have worked from home using my personal Mac. I currently have two users: one for my personal stuff and other for work stuff. Both are synced to my Apple ID, but I was able to set different picture profiles for each. Until today.
All of a sudden, both users began to show my Apple ID profile picture. If I try to change it, that new image is synced across all of my devices as my default profile picture. I know it sounds nitpicking, but this is really annoying for me.
Thanks in advance!

This is the new way in Monterey.

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 4:16 PM in response to biap

biap wrote:

Thanks in advance!

This is the new way in Monterey.

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Same profile picture for different Mac users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.