Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple user accounts on Mac login pic duplicates

Hey there. I have two separate accounts on my Mac. Personal and one for work. I used to have a pic for my personal account login pic and a different pic for work account. For some weird reason, whenever I change one user account pic in system preferences it changes it everywhere. Both user accounts on Mac and my phone. I understand that it’s linked to my iCloud account. However for years I have had two separate user accounts with two different login user pics on my Mac. Why only now am I seeing this annoying change. I want to have different user login pics for different accounts on my Mac without it duplicating and copying over to other user accounts/device.

seems like a pretty straight forward request but it’s driving me crazy that I can’t seem to figure this out.

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 2:31 AM

Yes, the pic is tied to your iCloud account and seems also tied to the picture ( yours ) in the Contacts Application.

What happens when the Work Account is changed as it affects the Contacts Picture - does it change ?

The Work Account is using the Same Apple ID as the Personal Account or a separate Apple ID ?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 2:31 AM in response to Paulfaci

Yes, the pic is tied to your iCloud account and seems also tied to the picture ( yours ) in the Contacts Application.

What happens when the Work Account is changed as it affects the Contacts Picture - does it change ?

The Work Account is using the Same Apple ID as the Personal Account or a separate Apple ID ?

Jul 2, 2022 4:45 AM in response to PRP_53

Hey. Thanks for your response. Yep - when I change the work account pic, the personal account changes on the login icon and in contacts and on my iPhone.

it never used to. This only started happening last few days.

I only have one Apple ID / iCloud account. But I use two separate user accounts on my Mac. Have had separate pics all the time. Just seems weird that all of a sudden it’s doing this. I can’t figure it out

Jul 2, 2022 5:19 AM in response to PRP_53

Jesus Christ! That’s waaaaay over my head! Let’s just hope Mac OS update in the future reverses this unnecessary “fix” and users can select their own display pics without automatically assigning them to iCloud contacts. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

first world problems I know… but annoying all the same.

Multiple user accounts on Mac login pic duplicates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.