Mac OS Ventura change user photo

Hi,

I went to 'Settings', 'Users & Groups' then clicked on the user image. Several options appeared to get an image from, but none from the folders of the computer itself. The option 'Photos' only shows photos from my iPhone, stuff that I've shared, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc. I tried to drag the image I wanted from the Finder onto the user photo slot, but it doesn't do anything. There are all these pointless options such as Memojis and Emojis, but there isn't a simple method to place a photo directly from the computer's files onto the user photo slot? I can't believe I'm wasting 30 minutes on something that shouldn't take more than 60 seconds to do.

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 8:11 AM

I just changed mine and it took maybe 15 seconds.

If you want to use a photo and not the generic options, you have to add the photos to make them available.

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 26, 2023 8:26 AM in response to ku4hx

I took you 15 seconds because you've previously made them available. I suspect doing that doesn't take 15 seconds. And I tried doing that, by adding the photo to the favourites in my iPhone. But it doesn't show up with the other favourite iPhone photos on the menu you've posted in that photo. Again, why can't I simply browse through the existing images in my Mac mini and choose one? What's the point of this option being unavailable? And if you're here to help, why not explain how to make the photos available since you clearly understood that's what I need?

Mac OS Ventura change user photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.