Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some songs not displaying on Music playlists on apple 3rd gen

I have a 2nd gen Gen Apple TV and cannot get songs downloaded from my Apple Music subscription to display on my playlists. Other songs I previously purchased (own) are on the playlist but the songs I downloaded from my subscription will not display. This is not an issue on my 4th gen Apple TV and on all of my other devices. Is there a trick to get them to display on my 3rd gen Apple TV?? Need this because 2nd gen is only device that has the separate audio connection for my receiver. Help please

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 3:19 AM

Tracks in iCloud Music Library from the Apple Music subscription service are unfortunately not compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier), except for AirPlay.

To solve for your non-HDMI receiver, consider an HDMI Audio Extractor as adapter, with the later models Apple TV, or use the passthrough options of your TV.

Apple TV (4th generation or later) →[HDMI]→ TV with passthrough →[optical/coaxial/RCA]→ non-HDMI receiver

or

Apple TV (4th generation or later) →[HDMI]→ HDMI Audio Extractor →[HDMI]→ TV

↘︎ [optical/coaxial/RCA]→ non-HDMI receiver

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 3:19 AM in response to Jackattack24

Tracks in iCloud Music Library from the Apple Music subscription service are unfortunately not compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier), except for AirPlay.

To solve for your non-HDMI receiver, consider an HDMI Audio Extractor as adapter, with the later models Apple TV, or use the passthrough options of your TV.

Apple TV (4th generation or later) →[HDMI]→ TV with passthrough →[optical/coaxial/RCA]→ non-HDMI receiver

or

Apple TV (4th generation or later) →[HDMI]→ HDMI Audio Extractor →[HDMI]→ TV

↘︎ [optical/coaxial/RCA]→ non-HDMI receiver

Some songs not displaying on Music playlists on apple 3rd gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.