Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV3 - Songs & Playlists won't show Apple Downloaded Music.

I have created playlists on my Mac and synced everything. Finally, I got the music to show on Apple TV (computer app/home sharing). However, it will only show playlist songs that I already have, it will not show anything that I have downloaded from Apple Music. I am a subscriber to Apple Music. It looks like nothing that comes down from Apple Music will show in any playlists or in the main Song Library. Can anyone help please? All Software is up to date.

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 9:42 PM

Thank you Urquhart1244. If this is correct then it explains my frustration. I am an apple fan but am constantly frustrated by the incompatibility of hardware. To have to upgrade to ATV4 to achieve this is too frustrating. I hoped to play music on the TV through the Apple TV. Not being able to play the playlists that I have created is frustrating as I am now using Apple Music to create them. Thanks again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2021 9:42 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you Urquhart1244. If this is correct then it explains my frustration. I am an apple fan but am constantly frustrated by the incompatibility of hardware. To have to upgrade to ATV4 to achieve this is too frustrating. I hoped to play music on the TV through the Apple TV. Not being able to play the playlists that I have created is frustrating as I am now using Apple Music to create them. Thanks again.

Apple TV3 - Songs & Playlists won't show Apple Downloaded Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.