Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music starts automatically when headphone detected

Any update to this issue after 2018?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 2:13 AM

I have found the answer to this and thought I might post it here in case someone is driven crazy by this stupid feature, as I was.

Solution: (from https://www.lifewire.com/stop-apple-music-from-automatically-playing-5119158)

• To disable autoplay in Apple Music on iPhone, open the current song and tap the Autoplay icon until it’s deselected.
  • Repeat these steps and highlight the Autoplay icon to enable or turn on continuous play in Apple Music.
  • Turning off your iPhone’s Bluetooth and properly closing apps can stop Apple Music from playing automatically too.

In the latest version of iOS there are 2 autoplay icons, located next to the title of the current playing song. Tap each one repeatedly until they are off (disappear). That turns autoplay off. No more nightmares of music coming on when least wanted.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 2:13 AM in response to pm22

I have found the answer to this and thought I might post it here in case someone is driven crazy by this stupid feature, as I was.

Solution: (from https://www.lifewire.com/stop-apple-music-from-automatically-playing-5119158)

• To disable autoplay in Apple Music on iPhone, open the current song and tap the Autoplay icon until it’s deselected.
  • Repeat these steps and highlight the Autoplay icon to enable or turn on continuous play in Apple Music.
  • Turning off your iPhone’s Bluetooth and properly closing apps can stop Apple Music from playing automatically too.

In the latest version of iOS there are 2 autoplay icons, located next to the title of the current playing song. Tap each one repeatedly until they are off (disappear). That turns autoplay off. No more nightmares of music coming on when least wanted.

Music starts automatically when headphone detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.