Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual displays keep randomly switching

Hi All,

I've just set up a new mac studio (m1 Max) with two separate 4k monitors. One monitor is connected to the hdmi port the other to one of the rear usb-c ports. I've also had them both connected to the rear usb-c ports.

These are brand new 4k monitors ( Huawei mateview ). Please don't suggest it's the monitors because I've seen that lots of other people are having this issue. No matter how I connect them they keep randomly switching between main and extended after the mac Studio goes into sleep mode. So, to clarify, I'll set up the left monitor as my main monitor and the right monitor as the extended monitor. But when I log back in, say the next morning, the monitors will be reversed. So then I have to go back to monitor settings and rearrange it all again. I've tried all the options available via these forums and on apple's support pages but nothing seems to be working. This is so annoying. It's such a basic requirement for any one doing 'Studio' work.

There must be a solution to this issue, it appears that a lot of Apple customers have the same problem..

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 5:10 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dual displays keep randomly switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.