Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send a text message with a picture or video the picture or video disappears

When I send a text message with a picture or video the picture or video disappears.

How can I get my pictures and videos to remain in a text message that I send to someone.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 11:03 PM

Hi Brownbutterfly,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Wondering if you are trying to send the messages over WiFi with the Messages app.

How to: Send and receive photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone – Apple Support (AU)

Else :

If you use SMS for texts. and MMS for texts with photos etc., on iPhone, you need a text messaging plan.

You might need to check with your wireless carrier whether you can send MMS on your current plan.

Apple Support's article: About iMessage and SMS/MMS on iPhone: may help make things clearer:

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? – Apple Support (AU)

Hope this helps :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 11:03 PM in response to Brownbutterfly

Hi Brownbutterfly,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Wondering if you are trying to send the messages over WiFi with the Messages app.

How to: Send and receive photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone – Apple Support (AU)

Else :

If you use SMS for texts. and MMS for texts with photos etc., on iPhone, you need a text messaging plan.

You might need to check with your wireless carrier whether you can send MMS on your current plan.

Apple Support's article: About iMessage and SMS/MMS on iPhone: may help make things clearer:

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? – Apple Support (AU)

Hope this helps :-)

When I send a text message with a picture or video the picture or video disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.