Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I create an apple ID for an iPad that will be used strictly for business? I need this to be separate from my regular Apple ID.

Can I create an apple ID for an iPad that will be used strictly for business? I need this to be separate from my regular Apple ID.

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 10:21 AM

You can certainly create an additional AppleID account. However, unlike other computers with which you may be familiar that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments - OS/iPadOS devices are not designed to be used by multiple identities.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and use another AppleID to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days. This restriction, intended to prevent account abuse, cannot be bypassed.

Unless you fully understand and accept the implications, you would be well advised to reconsider your intended use of iPad with multiple identities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 10:21 AM in response to IMDehis

You can certainly create an additional AppleID account. However, unlike other computers with which you may be familiar that support multiple user profiles - other than “managed” educational environments - OS/iPadOS devices are not designed to be used by multiple identities.

Be aware that if you sign-out of iCloud and other Apple services - and use another AppleID to sign-in - you’ll not be able to change back for 90-days. This restriction, intended to prevent account abuse, cannot be bypassed.

Unless you fully understand and accept the implications, you would be well advised to reconsider your intended use of iPad with multiple identities.

Apr 26, 2022 10:27 AM in response to LotusPilot

Follow up Question.

How can I keep my private information secure from my employees on that iPad then?

To clarify, we will use the iPad to demonstrate medical procedures to patients prior to surgeries. I am just concerned about my nurses accessing my private information if I sign into the iPad with my apple ID instead of creating a whole new separate ID?

Please advise.

Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.