Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not being notified by my Apple Watch

After I turn on the Silent Mode on my iPhone in order not to be disturbed by its sounds, I relay on my Watch to notify me of any incoming informations. But more often than not, my watch doesn't notify me at all. It shows the notification as a red dot when I look at the screen but I doesn't vibrate. It was the cause of a lot of inconvenience for me because it made me miss some important messages and calls. The very reason I bought the Apple Watch for is not working for me now. I want haptic feedback to notify me of anything happening on my iPhone without having to be disturbed by sounds on having to disturb my surroundings with sound notifications. The same issue made me miss my alarm once. I was wearing my watch while sleeping, counting on haptic feedback to wake me up but nothing happened at all. Yet another example is not receiving feedback from Maps, not being notified when to make a turn or take an exit. Please, help me set up my gadgets to fit my needs. Thank you!

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 6:30 AM

Thanks for getting back to us, josipart. It's appreciated. 

This may be expected behavior. If your iPhone is unlocked when a message comes in, the Notification would appear on your iPhone and not on your Apple Watch: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

However, if your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode, your Apple Watch wouldn’t be able to notify you either.

We also don’t want to assume that this is the reason you’re not receiving haptic feedback for Notifications from your Apple Watch. If your Apple Watch is updated to watchOS 8.5.1 (Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support), please contact Apple Support for further assistance: Get Support

All the best.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 6:30 AM in response to josipart

Thanks for getting back to us, josipart. It's appreciated. 

This may be expected behavior. If your iPhone is unlocked when a message comes in, the Notification would appear on your iPhone and not on your Apple Watch: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

However, if your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode, your Apple Watch wouldn’t be able to notify you either.

We also don’t want to assume that this is the reason you’re not receiving haptic feedback for Notifications from your Apple Watch. If your Apple Watch is updated to watchOS 8.5.1 (Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support), please contact Apple Support for further assistance: Get Support

All the best.

Apr 27, 2022 9:23 AM in response to josipart

Hello josipart,

We understand that you're not getting haptic alerts on your Apple Watch as expected. To confirm, is haptic feedback enabled on the watch? Here's how:

1. Open the Settings app [on your Apple Watch]. 
  2. Scroll down and tap Sounds & Haptics.
  3. Turn Haptic Alerts on or off.

You can also elect Prominant Haptics to make them more noticable. This info can be found at: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2022 12:35 AM in response to ShannonM1

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Sound&Haptics is turned on. To note again, my Silent Mode is turned on also but because I want it on. I want to be notified by my watch with haptics only.

Just had another example: when I'm doing 2 factor authentication for my credit card or something, when the message with authentication code arrives, I'm not being notified by my watch.

Not being notified by my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.