Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch won't vibrate or make sounds when iphone in use

Hi.

I have an apple watch 5. I'm getting in trouble by missing messages on my phone & watch.

If I am using my phone, my watch is silent. NOT GOOD!!!

I have quadruple checked to make sure I don't have "Silent mode", "Do Not Disturb", the silent switch on the side of my phone is not red, my watch volume is as high as it can go, and Vibrations are not standard.

How do I get my watch to ALWAYS vibrate or make a sound NO MATTER WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY PHONE?

For instance, I was looking at email on my iphone and I missed a text from my boss.

If i'm on the phone, my watch is silent... same issue missing messages.

How do I get my watch to ALWAYS make a noise or vibrate (depending on my watch settings) no matter what my phone is doing.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 9:25 AM

JoeJr2928 wrote:

How do I get my watch to ALWAYS make a noise or vibrate (depending on my watch settings) no matter what my phone is doing.

You don't.

Here's how notifications work:

iPhone unlocked/watch unlocked: notifications are on iPhone

iPhone locked/watch unlocked: notifications go to watch

iPhone locked/watch locked: notifications go to iPhone

You can let Apple know that you'd like to see something different here:

Product Feedback - Apple

However, you should be able to adjust the notifications on your phone so that you receive them even when you're using another app. I certainly get text notifications regardless of what app I'm using.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 9:25 AM in response to JoeJr2928

JoeJr2928 wrote:

You don't.

Here's how notifications work:

iPhone unlocked/watch unlocked: notifications are on iPhone

iPhone locked/watch unlocked: notifications go to watch

iPhone locked/watch locked: notifications go to iPhone

You can let Apple know that you'd like to see something different here:

Product Feedback - Apple

However, you should be able to adjust the notifications on your phone so that you receive them even when you're using another app. I certainly get text notifications regardless of what app I'm using.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Watch won't vibrate or make sounds when iphone in use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.