Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Alert Issue

Wondering why I keep getting automatic alerts set in my calendar when the default is set to none? I’m using my email as my default calendar. Sometimes it’s only one alert for 30 mins, others it’s 1 hour and sometimes it’s both. There’s no rhyme nor reason to this. Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 10:26 AM

Pdfinest,

Do you find this issue only occurs when creating events with your Gmail account? Do you have the same issue when creating an event with any other account? Also, make sure that there is not a default reminder alarm set in your Gmail calendar. This article may help:

Google Calendar: Change the Default Event Reminders and Alerts - Google Calendar Community

Best Regards.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Pdfinest

Pdfinest,

Do you find this issue only occurs when creating events with your Gmail account? Do you have the same issue when creating an event with any other account? Also, make sure that there is not a default reminder alarm set in your Gmail calendar. This article may help:

Google Calendar: Change the Default Event Reminders and Alerts - Google Calendar Community

Best Regards.

Apr 27, 2022 9:22 AM in response to Pdfinest

Hello Pdfinest,

Double check to make sure subsequent alerts (not just the default alert in Settings) are set for those specific events. As they may have been set up with alerts when created. The default options would not change the alert settings for those events.

For this, you have to tap on the event itself in the Calendar app and check what the alert preferences are: Create and edit events in Calendar on iPhone

Take care!

Apr 27, 2022 9:36 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Nicolas, thanks for your reply. I’m a bit confused. All my defaults are set to none.

If I go to add a new schedule, it shows as having no alert, until I hit add. Once added, it automatically puts and alert for 30 min an hour or both. Each time I add something, I must manually go back in and change each entry alert to none. This happens every single time I add an item.

Apr 27, 2022 9:53 AM in response to Pdfinest

Hi Pdfinest,

To clarify, are you stating any time a new event is added and you manually choose "None" for the alert type, it automatically switches to on option with an alert time?

Also, when adding an event if you go back into the newly created event and choose "None" for the alert do the settings save as expected or continue to revert?

Keep us posted, and we'll continue to help.

Best.

Apr 27, 2022 10:06 AM in response to Pdfinest

Hi Pdfinest,

We're certainly going to do our best to help out. Previously you'd mentioned that the calendar was linked to your email account. By chance, is this a work account? The reason we ask is that there may be server-side rules tied to the account, that are automatically adding these alerts. If it's not a work email account, does the same thing happen if you sign into your email account on the web, and then try to add an event?

Let us know what you find!

Have a great day.

Apr 27, 2022 11:46 AM in response to Pdfinest

Gmail (Google) calendar is the only one I use.

I want to thank EVERYONE for their help. Problem has been solved.

The culprit was changing the settings online on my computers gmail calendar. Apparently, it’s alert settings were over riding my iPhones alert settings.

I have since shut both off and it’s working fine. I can now manually add alerts to only those to which I need them for. You guys/gals are the best !!!

Have a blessed day !!!

Calendar Alert Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.