Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Wifi Pop-Up

So, I am having an issue here with my iPhone. I've tried to google it and search the forums here but it's little different solution provided then what's happening. I have a network pop up that shows up on my device from time to time. It's an old spectrum wifi profile that allows for internet connections through the various hotspots. I no longer have the service or profile installed on my device, yet the phone from time to time continues to ask for the password. Along with the profile was the stored network user name and password, so when it shows up it just displays the network name and the password field is blank. How to I get this from show up on the phone? Solution I've found are toggling the auto ask to join or setting it to off but I don't want my device to just join any network. And resetting my network settings which I haven't done in years and don't want to lose the network settings I have already for different network connections to have an issue. I'll try and come back to provide a screen shot of the notification but with the google search I did, I wasn't able to find one. And I think it mostly happens while I'm driving when its trying to pick up the spectrums hotspot signals. The network also doesn't show up within settings>network on MacOS.

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 10:28 AM

Hey there, trikell27,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities to get help with your iPhone network connections.

Based on the information you have provided, we would suggest going through the following steps. Though not all of them are not specific to the issue you've described, they are general steps that can address a variety of issues. Please try them in order, testing between each:

1. Close all open apps: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Check for, and install, any available iOS updates: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  3. You mentioned having a configuration profile in the past linked to the feature you're receiving. In addition to removing the profile, make sure any apps associated with the service area also removed from your device: How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  4. Reset network settings under Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. We understand why you may be hesitant to perform this step, however it will remove all network settings and is likely to resolve the described issue. Prior to resetting, make sure you have access to any passwords for Wi-Fi networks you need to rejoin, as well as any APN or VPN settings you use.

Best.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 10:28 AM in response to trikell27

Hey there, trikell27,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities to get help with your iPhone network connections.

Based on the information you have provided, we would suggest going through the following steps. Though not all of them are not specific to the issue you've described, they are general steps that can address a variety of issues. Please try them in order, testing between each:

1. Close all open apps: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Check for, and install, any available iOS updates: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  3. You mentioned having a configuration profile in the past linked to the feature you're receiving. In addition to removing the profile, make sure any apps associated with the service area also removed from your device: How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  4. Reset network settings under Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. We understand why you may be hesitant to perform this step, however it will remove all network settings and is likely to resolve the described issue. Prior to resetting, make sure you have access to any passwords for Wi-Fi networks you need to rejoin, as well as any APN or VPN settings you use.

Best.

iOS Wifi Pop-Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.