Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash bin

MBP M1 Pro 2021 running Monterey 12.2.1

Was having issues with deleted files not going to trash and being deleted immediately. Community advice was to delete the trash folder, and then it would be created automatically using correct permissions.

Have deleted it, but it is not being created automatically again. How do I add trash folder and icon? I can 'hear" the files being deleted and no longer get the message, but would like to have a visible trash folder/icon.

Thanks for any assistance.

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 8:37 AM

Muserale wrote:

Was having issues with deleted files not going to trash and being deleted immediately. Community advice was to delete the trash folder, and then it would be created automatically using correct permissions.
Have deleted it, but it is not being created automatically again. How do I add trash folder and icon? I can 'hear" the files being deleted and no longer get the message, but would like to have a visible trash folder/icon.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.3.1

I would start there

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 8:37 AM in response to Muserale

Muserale wrote:

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.3.1

I would start there

Trash bin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.