Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot redownload mac os x lion 10.7 on MacBook air 11" 2012 model

Whenever I turn on m mac, the only thing that I get is MacOS utilities. I select download macOS lion, I do all of the doo-Hickey stuff. I download it, and I keep getting "Could not download the necessary components". I don't know what happened, I even checked all the disks on the laptop. I thought I was good at laptops, but macs are no match for me, but the only reason I was getting an iMac is to replace my broken-down computer. I only want help with the MacBook though, any suggestions?

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 4:42 PM

But why do You want to download Lion anyway?? Lion is very old and your macbook is compatible with catalina If it is mid 2012, or mojave for early 2012. My suggestion: make a bootable stick with high sierra, How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support (UK)

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

always go to high sierra first due to firmware updates your machine is getting at that one. After that, You can go to catalina/Mojave

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2022 4:42 PM in response to IPlayNintendo64

But why do You want to download Lion anyway?? Lion is very old and your macbook is compatible with catalina If it is mid 2012, or mojave for early 2012. My suggestion: make a bootable stick with high sierra, How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support (UK)

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

always go to high sierra first due to firmware updates your machine is getting at that one. After that, You can go to catalina/Mojave

Cannot redownload mac os x lion 10.7 on MacBook air 11" 2012 model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.