Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 Heats while charging with 20w adapter.

I am worried about my new iphone which everytime gets warmer when i plug in the 20w power adapter.

i generally use my phone untill its battery reaches 30 % after that i never use it i immediately charge my phone when its battery reaches 30% .

1. it heats untill it gets 50 or 60% then i unplug the charger and wait my phone to cool down.
  2. After that i plug in again and this time it doesnt get warm.
  3. But i m in search of any batter mathod so pls gelp me.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 6:02 PM

Every electronic that I own gets hotter than my iPhone during a charge (MiFi Wireless, Flashlight, etc.), so I wouldn’t worry about it. 😉

If you’re concerned:

ClickiPhone too hot?

Click ▶︎ iPhone User Guide. 

2 replies

Apr 26, 2022 6:07 PM in response to Vbandhu

Batteries inherently warm when charged.

Best charge your iPhone while you sleep, and the iPhone will learn the schedule, and will then charge to and hold the charge at ~80% prior to your usual starting schedule when it’ll then fully charge. This holding at a partial charge avoids keeping the iPhone at full charge, as Apple indicates that can degrade the battery.

As these discussions seldom assuage those worried and asking this question, bring your device and charger into the local Apple Store and have them review and explain their findings.

iphone 13 Heats while charging with 20w adapter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.