Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem accessing iCloud Drive on my iMac

Just reinstalled Catalina and tried to enable iCloud Drive. When I look at my finder window I can see a file/folder? called "iCloud Drive". However, when I click on it I just get 2 empty folders, one called Documents and the other "Desktop". However, if I look at my iCloud account all my folders are shown. I'd like to access my folders via iCloud Drive on my computer so I've tried the following these instructions I found on the internet:

Click on Apple menu

Click on System preferences

Click on Apple ID

Tick the box for iCloud Drive to enable it.

When I tried to do this I found that the box for iCloud Drive was already ticked and yet iCloud Drive on my computer remains with only 2 empty folder.

Any ideas on how to get my documents currently in iCloud on to the iCloud Drive on my iMac?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 8:45 AM

If an iPhone / iPad was used and documents were saved in them , when Mac is signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network and the steps were followed using these articles Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > iCloud Drive , drag and drop single personal document say " English " to Documents folder in finder side bar , if there are multiple personal documents , select and copy them and paste over it Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 8:45 AM in response to CONFUSEDOAP

If an iPhone / iPad was used and documents were saved in them , when Mac is signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network and the steps were followed using these articles Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > iCloud Drive , drag and drop single personal document say " English " to Documents folder in finder side bar , if there are multiple personal documents , select and copy them and paste over it Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support

Problem accessing iCloud Drive on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.