Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini and TuneIn Radio station

I recently bought a HomePod mini and am trying to play a specific TuneIn radio station that is in Apple Music (80s Soundtracks Radio) directly through the HomePod mini, but it does not recognize the station when I ask Siri to play it by name and I am only able to Airplay it.

I have tried saying the station different ways, but it plays a different playlist instead or tells me it cannot play it as it doesn’t recognize the app (TuneIn). TuneIn radio stations through Apple Music are supposed to work with the HomePods but this one will not.

Are there any suggestions on getting the HomePod mini to recognize the correct station? I don’t want to Airplay as this drains battery on the iPhone.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 5:45 PM

Variations on a theme?

"Hey Siri, play radio <Station Name>".

"Hey Siri, play radio <Station Name>, provided by Tune In".

"Hey Siri, play radio station <Station Name>".

"Hey Siri, play radio station <Station Name>, provided by Tune In".

Etc. You may be able to find the magic incantation.

I suppose you could also load up the station on your iPhone and then see if you can handoff playback to HomePod rather than use AirPlay.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 5:45 PM in response to Christopher J Clarke

Variations on a theme?

"Hey Siri, play radio <Station Name>".

"Hey Siri, play radio <Station Name>, provided by Tune In".

"Hey Siri, play radio station <Station Name>".

"Hey Siri, play radio station <Station Name>, provided by Tune In".

Etc. You may be able to find the magic incantation.

I suppose you could also load up the station on your iPhone and then see if you can handoff playback to HomePod rather than use AirPlay.

tt2

HomePod mini and TuneIn Radio station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.