Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are purchases lost when you change country?

I moved from Canada to Spain recently. I moved my Apple ID with the steps mentioned in the technical documents.

On my mac I still can view the movies I had back in Canada.

This is not the case on my iPad, which I use for traveling. There are shown only the movies (or TV episodes) which were previously downloaded.

When I start searching for 'Practical Magic' on the iPad apple TV asks me to purchase (or rent) that, but I have purchased this previously. I can view this on my mac, but not on the iPad. I am not interested in the Spanish version of that movie (which might be looked at being a different item), but the Original English version, which I purchased on my mac back in Canada.

This complicated situation is not appreciated to say the least.

kind regards

Ueli

------------

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 1:31 PM

Sync the movie from your computer.

You don't lose downloaded content(except for rented movies), but music and video purchases made in one country's iTunes Store won't be carried over or free to redownload from another.

(217520)

Similar questions

2 replies

Are purchases lost when you change country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.