Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time - Content & Privacy Restrictions - privacy options are not available

I'm running iOS 15.4.1 on an iPhone SE. I'm trying to setup privacy restrictions for a child, in this case on an iPad Pro running 15.4.1, but my Screen Time settings don't provide access to all the items described on the Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support webpage.

My iPhone:

What should be listed there, via the Apple Support page:

Only one of those eleven items appears. Not being able to control Location Services on a child's device is a dealbreaker.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 12:28 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2022 11:39 AM in response to buffalo4000

Hi buffalo4000,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the screenshot with us, it helps so much when we are seeing exactly what you are referring to. Is this the device your child will be using that you are trying to set up the parental control features on? If your child will be using the iPad Pro, then this is the link you will want to use, Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad.

Set downtime and app limits on a family member’s device
1. On your family member’s device, go to Settings  > Screen Time.
2. Tap Turn On Screen Time, tap Continue, then tap This is My Child’s iPad.
3. To schedule downtime for your family member (time away from the screen), enter the start and end times, then tap Set Downtime.
4. To set limits for categories of apps you want to manage (for example, Games or Social Networking), select the categories.
To see all the categories, tap Show All Categories.
5. Tap Set, enter an amount of time, then tap Set App Limit.
6. Tap Continue, then enter a Screen Time passcode for managing your family member’s Screen Time settings.

Note: You can also turn on downtime on demand for a family member, either directly on their device, or through Family Sharing on your device (if you’ve set up Family Sharing).

Following these steps should help get the parental controls set up. Reach back out if you have further questions.

Cheers!

Screen Time - Content & Privacy Restrictions - privacy options are not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.