Related Article: Set up Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Cash back

Can I use Apple Pay as a debit card and enable the cash back option while paying so that I can get money in my hand?

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 12:52 PM

No. not directly. Apple Pay is a payment mechanism, that uses your own credit or debit cards for payment. It is not on its own a credit or debit card.

It does not on its own offer cash back either, unless your personal credit or debit cards offer that option.

Apple Cash, is a separate feature similar to a debit card that you can use to pay for things. However the Cash back option is not directly available with it only. You need an Apple Card (from Goldman Sachs) for the Cash Back feature when you buy things with the Apple Card.

The Cash back feature of the Apple Card, then adds said cash backs to your Apple Cash account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 12:52 PM in response to SammieG89

No. not directly. Apple Pay is a payment mechanism, that uses your own credit or debit cards for payment. It is not on its own a credit or debit card.

It does not on its own offer cash back either, unless your personal credit or debit cards offer that option.

Apple Cash, is a separate feature similar to a debit card that you can use to pay for things. However the Cash back option is not directly available with it only. You need an Apple Card (from Goldman Sachs) for the Cash Back feature when you buy things with the Apple Card.

The Cash back feature of the Apple Card, then adds said cash backs to your Apple Cash account.

Apple Pay Cash back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.