Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

May be buying a laptop. In have iPhone and iPad with service , but use Wi-Fi at home. With a new laptop, can I keep the information and pictures from tranferring from phone and pad to laptop. to

May be buying a laptop. I have an iPad and iPhone with service, but use Wi-Fi at home. With a new laptop, can I block the transfer of apps and photos from those to the new unit?

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 1:16 PM

Photos would only automatically sync between the devices is you have iCloud Photos turned on in each of the devices (e.g., if it is on in the iPad and iPhone they won't sync with the Mac if that option is not turned on in the Mac). See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

iPhone and iPad apps can run on a non-Intel Mac (i.e., Apple silicon) but don't automatically install on the Mac. See: Use iPhone and iPad apps on Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2022 1:16 PM in response to AddiePie

Photos would only automatically sync between the devices is you have iCloud Photos turned on in each of the devices (e.g., if it is on in the iPad and iPhone they won't sync with the Mac if that option is not turned on in the Mac). See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

iPhone and iPad apps can run on a non-Intel Mac (i.e., Apple silicon) but don't automatically install on the Mac. See: Use iPhone and iPad apps on Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

May be buying a laptop. In have iPhone and iPad with service , but use Wi-Fi at home. With a new laptop, can I keep the information and pictures from tranferring from phone and pad to laptop. to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.