Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch gps walk path on map.

How to have Apple Watch 6 os 15.x show daily walk path on a city map? (iPhone se2020).

-location is on

-workout has always been set

-heart rate and pulse are allowed

-more I could list but the option (previously this was answered after following the steps as ‘it will show up on your phone/watch as a thumbnail when tapping workout>outdoor walk,’ but it doesn’t.

Also, is there an ‘easy button’ option in the works to where it’s not so cumbersome on such expensive devices and data plans?

Thx in advance I’d just rly like to see where all I’ve walked on a map to help stay motivated.

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 1:35 AM

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 1:35 AM in response to Lowskimitsu

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Apr 28, 2022 12:24 PM in response to Community User

Helpful and ty Fieryjack.

I got it working earlier today.

One thing left out that others might run into is when making sure tracking is turned on, and location services, the phone does Not always show the motion and fitness app as asking for permission.

It takes some restarts, turning off devices, being sure to set the watch in the workout app.

I guess it’s the most simplified way to do it that Apple’s figured out 🤷‍♂️

Either way it works now 👍 I’d almost like to write a line by line troubleshoot fail proof that works for everyone but meh, just glad it works now and Ty again.

Apple Watch gps walk path on map.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.