You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot reply to text

I have a text chain that I have no reply option to at all. Not when I reply to a specific message, and not when I’m looking at the message as a whole. Does anyone know what could cause this?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 8:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 7:50 PM

So after contacting Apple support, the eventual solution was, in the iPhone, to navigate to settings -> messages -> send & receive and checking my iCloud account as an option to send and receive emails from. Then, in a secondary device linked to my iCloud account (my Mac in this case), going to messages -> preferences -> iMessage and opting to 'enable messages in iCloud'.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2022 7:50 PM in response to Netia1128

So after contacting Apple support, the eventual solution was, in the iPhone, to navigate to settings -> messages -> send & receive and checking my iCloud account as an option to send and receive emails from. Then, in a secondary device linked to my iCloud account (my Mac in this case), going to messages -> preferences -> iMessage and opting to 'enable messages in iCloud'.

Apr 28, 2022 10:24 AM in response to Netia1128

Once more -> You need to optimize the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article:

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Contact your carrier, to send text message you need to hava data plan.

If your carrier confirms that there's no issue with your account or network, but you still can't connect to a cellular network, contact Apple Support.

Cannot reply to text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.