Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting Music Playlist (Just the Playlisting - not the actual songs)

I have a friend recovering from surgery and thought he might like a playlist that I have created. He uses Spotify so I wanted to export my playlist (not the songs, just the playlist) so he could import that to Spotify. Apparently that is not possible (or at least easy and safe - I found one website that required you to enter your Apple ID credentials - not going to happen).

I can export the playlist in Apple Music (to a text file) - but what I get is a unformatted file (no <CR><LF) controls). Short of manually editing this file by hand so that it is at least legible, is there an easier way to do this? I supposed I could take screenshots of the playlist in Apple Music, but that seems inelegant and clumsy.

Suggestions?

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 6:55 AM

You should be able to use cmd+A, cmd+C to copy the playlist, then paste into a spreadsheet such as Numbers or Excel, discard the details you don’t need, and share what is left. Alternatively you could write a script to export the desired details to a text file.

tt2

3 replies

Exporting Music Playlist (Just the Playlisting - not the actual songs)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.