You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remove pregnant man emoji? I don’t want it on my phone.

Can I remove pregnant man emoji?

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 7:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 7:19 AM

It will go away in 9 months.

J/K

17 replies

Apr 28, 2022 8:04 AM in response to Stanooooa

Stanooooa wrote:

Can I remove pregnant man emoji?

No. These characters are defined as technical standards by the international Unicode committee. Apple has no choice about it. It must support these technical standards.

Otherwise, if someone wanted to complain about it, and show it as an example, it wouldn't show up on an iPhone and the recipient of the message wouldn't understand the question.

Apr 28, 2022 8:44 AM in response to Stanooooa

Hello ~ You cannot choose but if it is an issue…which for me it’s not…you can turn off all emoji’s. Take a look here:

Open the Settings *Go to General * Keyboard and then tap Keyboards at the top. It have a number next to it and that will how many keyboards you have installed. *Tap Edit and you can then tap the red circle next to Emoji *Tap Delete.

~Katana-San~

May 19, 2022 6:29 AM in response to Urnutty

Urnutty wrote:

Thus I would not need to send or receive it.

Then don't send it. I'm sure there are lots of other emojis you don't want to send, either. Do what you do with them: ignore them. As for what people can send you, well, even if they couldn't send you emojis you don't like, they could still send you words you don't like. Handle it the same way. Aske them to stop. If they don't, block them.

May 19, 2022 7:31 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

Then don't send it. I'm sure there are lots of other emojis you don't want to send, either. Do what you do with them: ignore them. As for what people can send you, well, even if they couldn't send you emojis you don't like, they could still send you words you don't like. Handle it the same way. Aske them to stop. If they don't, block them.

I truly despise the letter “Q”. I want to be able to remove it from my keyboard!

May 19, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

IdrisSeabright wrote:

I truly despise the letter “Q”. I want to be able to remove it from my keyboard!

I have a friend whose name is "Kris". His father didn't believe the letter "c" was necessary in English as it could be substituted by "K" or "S". I think he made an exception for the "ch" in words like "chair".

May 22, 2022 7:12 AM in response to Efeezy18

You can’t take off any emoji. They are like the letters on your keyboard; you can’t choose to remove the “Q” either. Emoji are an international standard, not an Apple exclusive feature. And all phones must have the same emoji so if someone sends you an emoji you will see it rather than just garbage characters in your received messages.

Can I remove pregnant man emoji? I don’t want it on my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.