Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! My Imac wont boot up

Hi, when i turn on my imac I have the following message on my screen

Support.apple.com/mac/startup

Flashing question mark as well

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 9:29 AM

The flashing ? mark means the computer cannot find the startup volume. Please click If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support and if that does not help that means you need to take your computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be serviced. To begin locating an AASP in your general area please click AASP Locator

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 9:29 AM in response to 2567imac

The flashing ? mark means the computer cannot find the startup volume. Please click If your Mac starts up to a question mark - Apple Support and if that does not help that means you need to take your computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be serviced. To begin locating an AASP in your general area please click AASP Locator

May 5, 2022 6:43 AM in response to 2567imac

Happened to me and my 2019 IMAC. Couldn’t recover. Machine still under “coverage”. Called support, made appointment for me at local Mac store (closest Apple store is 80 miles away). There told it will cost $159 to reload system. Says my coverage which was still in force won’t cover this. Amazing that Apple takes no responsibility for update that bricks computers. My old PC somehow always managed to handle updates and when there was an issue it was able to recover without an additional computer or a service call,.

Help! My Imac wont boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.