Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does some applications not open after I updated to macOS Monterey 12.3.1?

Why does some applications (e.g. Geometry Dash with the M1 Chip) not open after I updated to macOS Monterey 12.3.1?

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 10:07 AM

teddy_loy wrote:

Why does some applications (e.g. Geometry Dash with the M1 Chip) not open after I updated to macOS Monterey 12.3.1?

Up date from what(?) is the key point missing here....

Update your software if not compatible.

If in doubt refer to the developers website, search: Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates

Game Support | Geometry Dash Forum

We know with the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on this newest macOS upgrade

32-bit app compatibility with macOS... - Apple Support

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

On the M1 applications have to be Universal or Rosetta2 should launch to translate Intel apps

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 10:07 AM in response to teddy_loy

teddy_loy wrote:

Up date from what(?) is the key point missing here....

Update your software if not compatible.

If in doubt refer to the developers website, search: Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility/updates

Game Support | Geometry Dash Forum

We know with the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on this newest macOS upgrade

32-bit app compatibility with macOS... - Apple Support

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

On the M1 applications have to be Universal or Rosetta2 should launch to translate Intel apps

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

Why does some applications not open after I updated to macOS Monterey 12.3.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.