Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical lines on my MacBook Air screen.

I have vertical lines on my screen. they are all different colours and they are on the right side of my Mac. Ive restarted my Mac but nothing happened. Is there a way to fix it by myself or do I need to get it fixed professionally?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 10:02 AM

hyatt12 wrote:

I have vertical lines on my screen. they are all different colours and they are on the right side of my Mac. Ive restarted my Mac but nothing happened. Is there a way to fix it by myself or do I need to get it fixed professionally?

Plug into a external monitor if the issue persist externally it is a GPU fault, if the issue does not persist it point to a Display/Display assembly issue. These are both hardware.

Can you run the user Diagnostic...not as definitive as Apple's own AST2 (Apple Service Toolkit) back bench diagnostic, but may kick out an error code.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 10:02 AM in response to hyatt12

hyatt12 wrote:

Plug into a external monitor if the issue persist externally it is a GPU fault, if the issue does not persist it point to a Display/Display assembly issue. These are both hardware.

Can you run the user Diagnostic...not as definitive as Apple's own AST2 (Apple Service Toolkit) back bench diagnostic, but may kick out an error code.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Vertical lines on my MacBook Air screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.