Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Z27i doesn't see Macbook Pro

Hi,

I'm attempting to use an HP Z27i monitor with a 2019 Macbook Pro. Currently attempting the connection with a Cable Creation DVI adapter. When the connection is made, the Macbook Pro reacts and the screen changes to "look" like as it does when it's successfully connected to an external monitor. But then the HP monitor becomes unresponsive. HP says I have to replace the monitor, but I suspect it's a relatively easier fix than that -- except that I can't think of it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 7:53 AM

zookeep wrote:

Hi,

I'm attempting to use an HP Z27i monitor with a 2019 Macbook Pro. Currently attempting the connection with a Cable Creation DVI adapter. When the connection is made, the Macbook Pro reacts and the screen changes to "look" like as it does when it's successfully connected to an external monitor.

But then the HP monitor becomes unresponsive.

HP says I have to replace the monitor, but I suspect it's a relatively easier fix than that -- except that I can't think of it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Try a different adapter and compare your results...

Use external monitors with your Mac: Connect a display to your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2022 7:53 AM in response to zookeep

zookeep wrote:

Hi,

I'm attempting to use an HP Z27i monitor with a 2019 Macbook Pro. Currently attempting the connection with a Cable Creation DVI adapter. When the connection is made, the Macbook Pro reacts and the screen changes to "look" like as it does when it's successfully connected to an external monitor.

But then the HP monitor becomes unresponsive.

HP says I have to replace the monitor, but I suspect it's a relatively easier fix than that -- except that I can't think of it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Try a different adapter and compare your results...

Use external monitors with your Mac: Connect a display to your Mac - Apple Support

HP Z27i doesn't see Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.