Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m having trouble turning on my iMessage. This is a new phone for me and I can’t figure out what to do. When I turn on the iMessage it says there was an error and that I need to sign in to my iCloud but I can’t figure that out. Please help

Every time I go to turn on my iMessage, it says there was an error and that I have to sign in to my iCloud. I can’t figure out how to do that. This is a new phone for me my old one was an iPhone 8. It said the two log ins were different and I can’t figure it out.

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 5:21 AM

Hey there,

Is there an iCloud account on your iPhone?

if so See this article ☞ If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime – Apple Support (AU)

1 reply

I’m having trouble turning on my iMessage. This is a new phone for me and I can’t figure out what to do. When I turn on the iMessage it says there was an error and that I need to sign in to my iCloud but I can’t figure that out. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.