Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are images imported from my Sony camera to my M1 Mac being saved as hidden files?

I am using tethered capture from my Sony camera to Adobe Lightroom and the files saved to disk are being saved as hidden files on my M1 Mac. When I use the same setup on my Intel Mac, this doesn't occur and things work as they should. Does anyone know why the M1 does this?

[EDIT] This is only occurring with Tether Tools Smart Shooter 4, not with the Imaging Edge desktop app.

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 7:19 AM

Problem solved. It had to do with my file naming convention which used a series of system generated fields separated by periods. The first field was empty so every file ended up starting with a . which created the hidden files. Such an obscure problem.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 29, 2022 7:02 AM in response to EmmaW322

In addition, the Smart Shooter 4 Plug-In for Lightroom Classic now gives Sony users the opportunity to tether directly into Lightroom Classic.

macOS Minimum  Recommended

Processor Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support or Apple Silicon processor

Operating system macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later

Do not specifically see mentioned Monterey on Apple Silicon

Why are images imported from my Sony camera to my M1 Mac being saved as hidden files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.